|The freshly laundered and ironed bedding|
Since the house is cleaned weekly, I was looking for ways to freshen up our home and make it more hospitable. Here are some of the things I did to prepare for M & K’s visit:
- Prepared a guest toiletries kit (discussed in this blog)
- Bought new guest towels
- Organized the guest closet so our friends could hang their clothes
- Washed and ironed all the bedding. I always wash the sheets and mattress pad after the guest bed is used, but when I looked at the bed, I realized the matelasse, pillow shams, and decorative comforter at the bottom of the bed could look fresher
- Put bottled water on the nightstand in case they’re thirsty in the middle of the night
- Set out a candy bowl and baked Homemade Cheez-it Crackers and cookies since we all like to snack.
- Bought two more martini glasses so the glasses will match if all of us have cocktails
- Polished the demitasse spoons since they were a bit coffee-stained
- Washed the coasters-something I’ve never done, but have to admit they look a lot better.